The Spirit of Shen
Shen in Chinese philosophy is one of the basic substances that pervade the body, usually translated ‘spirit’, encompassing both the mind of the individual and healthy mental and physical function. As quoted by renowned reflexologist, Valerie Demery, ‘Reflexology is a journey through the sole to the soul’.
Understanding today’s high-stress and high-pressure urban lifestyle, Shen has aligned its de-stress programs to perfectly meet the growing needs of highly stressed individuals. With professional staff, certified by the International Spa and Beauty College, Hongkong, Shen assures a holistic approach towards de-stressing.
In order to ensure individual attention and value for money to its clients, the set-up at Shen is personalised with a dedicated therapist for each client. The place has been designed as per Zen Interiors with a serene Budha Statue and a rippling water fountain greeting you at the entrance. The soothing lighting and decor, the sound of flowing water and soft music will immediately put you at ease and transport you into a world of serenity and tranquillity away from the city’s mad rush.
At Shen Reflexology, we specialise in hand and foot Reflexology. Our trained therapists work effectively on all your reflex points through a specially developed Reflexology routine to balance out your entire body and help you to relax and de-stress.
Shweta Nadkarni, Founder
After extensively travelling to countries in East Asia and experiencing the power of reflexology, Shweta felt that Reflexology was what was very much needed for Mumbai’s fast-paced lifestyle.
Shweta has done her Diploma in Reflexology and Anatomy and Physiology from the International Spa and Beauty College, Hongkong.
Our team of well-trained, dedicated and enthusiastic therapists will make sure your time at Shen is an experience you will want to repeat time and time again.
What is Reflexology?
– A holistic therapy that works on the hands and feet to restore the balance within the whole body.
– In Reflexology, hands and feet are like mini-maps of the whole body, so that the entire body can be stimulated by applying pressure to various reflex points.
– The aim is to stimulate the body’s own healing process in order to keep it in homeostasis i.e. balanced
Benefits of Reflexology
– Relieves stress and tension and has a deeply relaxing effect (more than 75% of disease is estimated to be stress related).
– Improves blood circulation consequently increasing the efficiency of overall body functions.
– Improves waste and toxin removal and elimination.
– Helps release trapped nervous energy and improves neural efficiency; more than 7000 nerves are stimulated during a Reflexology session.
– Activates the body’s self-healing.